Monday, July 14, 2014

Kill La Kill is Dumb..but I still enjoyed watching it

Kill La Kill is part of a special category of entertainment I like to call smart enough to know it's stupid. It doesn't try to create interesting characters or a creative story it just tries to be as over the top as it can be and you know what I think it works.
Story
So I won't get into the finer details here because I don't think the selling point really is the the storytelling. But Ryuko is looking to avenge her murdered father so she comes to a school run by Satsuki Kiryuin. At this school several of the students wear goku uniforms which um...gives them special powers. She finds a special uniform made by her father and uses it to fight the students while she tries to search for answers. Yeah it's really dumb. But again the show knows it's dumb. The action is over the top the fanservice is over the top (seriously how are skimpy outfits like this useful in battles at all). 

And essentially it's just one fun over the top nonstop anime. There isn't a whole lot to say about it. The show is definitely unique I'll say that. It's mostly fast past zaniness that is unlike most anime. Overall I'd say it's enjoyable as long as you don't mind turning your brain off while watching.
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment